10 Books I Will Read in 2023
- ATOMIC HABITS, James Clear - Systems over goals. This seminal book provides an effective framework for breaking old habits and forming new ones.
- THE OBSTACLE IS THE WAY, Ryan Holiday - Every tough situation is an opportunity to learn, get better, and get stronger. This book is based on the famous quote from Marcus Aurelius - "The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way."
- EGO IS THE ENEMY, Ryan Holiday - No matter where you are in life, your ego can cause significant damage to your life. Ego is something all of us have to learn to stop denying and learn to deal with.
- THE DAILY STOIC, Ryan Holiday - Draws from all the ancient Stoic teachings. One Stoic lesson per day, for an year. There's probably no easier way to learn and practice Stoicism. Highly recommended and already loving it so far!
- MAKE TIME, Jake Knapp & John Zeratsky - Learn how to focus on what matters. Although this sounds like a productivity book, it is not. This is probably in the same area as Deep Work by Cal Newport.
- THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A F*CK, Mark Manson - Learn to accept that life is not easy or fair and you will be better able to deal with it. A controversial book that went against many self-help bestsellers by being brutally honest.
- RANGE, David Epstein - I'm always debating between specializing and generalizing. I'm looking to find some answers in this book. Maybe I'll take Tim Ferris' advice and choose to be a Specialized Generalist.
- THE 80/20 PRINCIPLE, Richard Koch - Almost everyone has heard about the 80/20 principle. I want to understand it on a deeper level to see how I can implement it in my life.
- THE DAILY LAWS, Robert Greene - Similar to The Daily Stoic, but draws on lessons from all of Robert's earlier books. One lesson a day for an year. I'm already loving it!
- MASTERY, Robert Greene - No matter where you are in your career, there are lessons you can draw from this masterpiece. The size of this book has kept me from starting this book for a long time but it will be done this year.
We participate in the Amazon Associates program and others. If you click on any product links and make a purchase, we get a small commission but it does not cost you anything extra. This supports our site and helps us deliver more content.