This Is The Best Book I’ve Ever Read On IT Security
There are a lot of books about IT Security and I've read a lot of them.
But the best book I've found is Security Engineering by Ross Anderson.
Here are the Reasons Why:
- Reason #1: This book is more than about the CIA triad - Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability. A lot of books talk about this for an hour. This one barely even mentions it.
- Reason #2: This book is HUGE and discusses topics most other security books don't even mention.
- Reason #3: This book covers data security, physical security, cyber security, cyber warfare with practical real-world scenarios that drive home the ideas like none other. Yes, it's still one book.
- Reason #4: This book is not aimed at complete beginners to the field, but the writing is so good even a beginner can make sense of it fairly easily.
- Reason #5: This book is about building and maintaining secure systems, not just about the individual pieces that make up a secure system.
- Reason #6: Even if you are a seasoned security expert, this book will slow you down, make you sit up straight and pay attention. THAT'S HOW GOOD THIS BOOK IS.
If you are at all interested in IT Security, there is no other book I would recommend higher than this.
And if you've read it, do you agree? What other book would you recommend for beginners?
Get the book from Amazon.
We participate in the Amazon Associates program and others. If you click on any product links and make a purchase, we get a small commission but it does not cost you anything extra. This supports our site and helps us deliver more content.